HOCD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOCD

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fira

Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread!   Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread! EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 10:54 am

Dear GTC members,

as announced i am creating this "good bye" thread so we have something a bit more permanent than the hundreds of tells i got last night. Generally post all pictures, screenshots and youtube video links here (god please not the gloaves one though!). I know there should be the first DL video somewhere out there, as well as the one Sammmmmmyyy made last night! Also attached is our final results list, which i think is an incredible achievement. Not only did we collect 211 full AF2, it also documents the almost 4 years of history that went into the LS. Many of the names on that list quit the game by now or left due to other circumstances, this list will be a memory to every member of GTC that ever was a part of us.
GTC was a team effort and every member, even if there were issues, will be remembered and valued by us. It is particularly important to note that all grudges and what not we have (rightfully or not) held against some former members should be forgiven and forgotten now. I thank the LS for tolerating an "open run" as the final run. We had no drama and many old school members showed up for this final effort. That gave an impressive 60 man turnout with many familiar faces and a final Dynamis Lord kill that definetely made a gracious exit for the LS.
Ultimately, i want to thank everyone and in particular the following people: Neorei for rescuing me from my first Dynamis LS and getting me on board of HoCD to ultimately pull and lead GTC. HoCD (and their future variants) had been my very only End Game LS and i am proud to have never LS hopped. Even if i love to curse the game nowadays, particularly in my first 1,5 years i undeniably had a lot of fun, and killing the first Genbu, Kirin, Fafnir etc. was great fun. Doing our first Dynamis in particular will never be forgotten. Took us like 6 attempts to win Windurst! I thank Januz for co-leading GTC for the first part of its existence. I thank Augiezwan for co-leading GTC after Januz quit the game. It was very helpful having another asshole like me reenforce the rules and making sure people listen. It was helpful to have someone do the "paperwork" such as attendance lists in a professional way. While Augie was with us, attendance lists and lotting rights were well respected aspects of the rules. It was noticably harder to enforce when he was gone, and i definately knew what i had lost, when it was not there anymore. I thank Terpsichore for the support from day one till the very end and for selling money and compiling money lists all these years. I thank Avram, Bludshot, Miszamki, Terpsichore, Tenchux, Jinhi, Lokix, Orinion and Dawgy for being the most reliable RDM (I job i love to curse at) and Avatar sleepers for all these years. I thank Zinga, Vitani, Tinydog, Gus, Shigaro and Augiezwan for being excellent BLMs. I thank, in particular, Escaflowne, our longest lasting Tank, Neorei, Mondos, Forrestgump, Kenshiro, Artonus and Birks for taking the hits. I thank Xinith, Ancalamire, Sammmmmmyyy, Nitroustaru etc. for being assisters and keeping up with my complaining about mob order. I thank Kutter, Aruzar, Naki/Velvetpaw and Article for helping me pull and suiciding when needed. I thank my padawans Kingpin and Dminicanknight for having stuck with me from Lvl1 to 75, from my own social LS to the end of GTC. They are as loyal as i was to HoCD, maybe even more so. I thank Keo, Chaithai, Metalgross, Zinga and all other long term loyal members for having stuck with GTC for such a long time. I also thank everyone who had recently joined and apologize to those who ultimately did not get their full set. I hope you manage to get the rest of your AF2 in the future. I am sorry if i missed anyone and in the end thank everyone for the almost four years of Dynamis.
There was frustration, stress and often desperation but ultimately we managed to have a great time. Most of the time i looked forward to the runs. Most of the time i enjoyed doing what i was doing. I still got excited over every drop, i still got excited to run up there to kill DL. I am glad we could end this with a successful XAR run together with so many familiar faces. I will see you guys online every now and then, but in terms of playing the game, that's it for me. If you still need money payout, just PM me i will try and send it to your box. I will continue to sell off the rest of the currency and then see what i do with the money. Please note, the bank is minus 30 mil. I spent literally all of my own money to jump in when the bank went lower. We'll see what we do with the rest of my money.
If you want to contact me: ICQ: 34857978, MSN: eternalblue@arcor.de, AIM: eternalblueix, email: eternalblue@arcor.de, XBLive: firaXY, PSN: firaX
Ok enough emo talk, bye guys, good luck in the future, don't forget about RL life and don't forget that in the end we are all humans and e-arguments aren't worth it!

GrandTheftChoco February 5th, 2005 - October 3rd, 2008. Ended in peace.

Last edited by fira on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
fira

PostSubject: Re: Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread!   Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread! EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 10:55 am

5/5er sets:

BLM:
Tinydog
Shigaro
Mayki
Vitani
Mooch (#70)
Blunt
Gus
Xar
Zinga
Augiezwan
Halystaru
Shujin
Mitzi
Squishy
Ragnarzero
Rifazhe
(16)

NIN:
Valdimar
Terpsichore
Raithx
Odies
Artonus
Imhotep
Sliccc
Aida
Shujin
Metalgross
Orinion
Avero (#190)
Tanker
(13)

THF:
Fira
Marquiss
Kutter
Velvetpaw
Necrodamus
Aida
Article
Mrflood
Shadowsofchaos
Truwiz
Chionos
Guniuni
Aruzar
(13)

WAR:
Xinith
Ilduce
Kenshyn
Astrix
Gaduss
Sevin
Gideon
Sliccc
Ancalamire
Odies
Terpsichore
Shujin
Sixgauge
Nitroustaru
Tweek
Coeurlomnis
Gnar
Mondos
Avram
Evildemon
Zinga
Sammmmmyyy
Birks
Artonus
Icedemon
Kingpin
(26)

MNK:
Kenshiro
Ancalamire
Keo (#50)
Lyra
Xeen (#80)
Persephony
Psycholover
Aida
Psilocibine
Nitroustaru
Validok
Rifazhe
Blkwnd
Aruzar
Sliccc
(15)

WHM:
Imhotep
Zinga
Augiezwan
Nyaomy
Malka
Chiyoyo
Truwiz
Cfreak
Feonix
Sammmmyyy
Squishy
Metalgross
Moondari (160)
Torria
Jinhi
(15)

BST:
Mayki
Tomlionhart
Tenrio
Nitroustaru
Dibe
Ancalamire
Chaithai
Mooch
Article (#100)
Persephony
Cfreak
Yoshihero
Hiei (170)
Guniuni
Sparkkplug
(15)

RNG:
Neochaos
Cntrl
Fira
Truwiz
Necrodamus
Tweek
Ilduce
Shujin
Tenchux
Demonsquall
Validok
Velvetpaw
Shadowlink
Tanker (210)
(14)

PLD:
Forrestgump
Escaflowne
Vagran
Kenshiro
Mondos
Halystaru
Sixgauge (#110)
Nomadic
Shujin (#130)
Neorei
Nitroustaru
Sammmmmyyy
Artonus
Sdragon
Birks
(15)

BRD:
Chaithai
Feonix
Cntrl
Dibe
Retardiculous
Mongrel (#90)
Bludshot
Jisper
Metalgross (#150)
Nyaomy (#180)
Aryanna
(11)

RDM:
Bludshot
Avram
Calvern
Groucho
Miszamki
Cillranchello
Terpsichore
Tenchux
Dibe
Lokix
Coeurlomnis
Fira
Metalgross
Yoshihero
Evandale
Sarrrah
Aruzar
Dawgy
Jinhi
Zinga
Shadowlink
(21)

DRG:
Bowdownjr
Kantei (#40)
Abysmalflames
Dibe
Avenir
Augiezwan (#140)
Evildemon
Ancalamire
Velvetpaw
Aryanna
(10)

SMN:
Ascasir
Achilles
Yasashii
Shujin
Demonsquall
Hiei
Halystaru
Velenfein
Keo
(9)

DRK:
Justav
Keo
Rifazhe
Ancalamire
Yoshihero
Alivas
Slicccc
Validok
Evildemon
(9)

SAM:
Arkanisgath (#60)
Shujin
Ancalamire
Sliccc (#120)
Gus
Nyaomy
Dminicanknight (#200)
Aruzar
Mohoss
Validok
(10)

Shadow Mantle:

Azninvazion
Escaflowne
Kenshiro
Chaithai
Nomadic
Mondos
Artonus

Shadow Ring:
Fira
Bludshot
Escaflowne
Augiezwan
Jinhi

211 full sets of AF2.
15 of 18 Job sets complete.
List includes everyone who dinged 5/5 in GTC.
Some people quit the game or left the LS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/5er sets:

BAS:
-

SAN:
Terpsichore MNK
Terpsichore RNG

WIN:
Miszamki BLM
Icedemon NIN

JEU:
Kingpin MNK

BCD:
Dawgy (DRK)
Sarrrrah THF

XAR:
Sammmmmyyy BLM
Sakryh (BLM)
Guniuni (NIN)

Priorities:

Northlands:
Sakryh BLM XAR
Sarrahh THF BCD

Cities:
Miszamki BLM WIN

Dynamis Lord Drop Queue:

Shadow Mantle:
@1 (? TBD)

Shadow Ring:
@1-X PLD with mantle lot for 2/2 (might add other ppl / jobs as see fit)

Trivia:

- We have 10 potential full AF2 sets + 211 full sets.
- Bastok, San d'Oria, Jeuno and Windurst FULL CLEAR.
- All 4 cities have been fully cleared in one cycle, after each other.
- We have fully cleared all Beastmen in BCD with 50 minutes left, and still cleared Hydra Level 1.
- Bastok full clear with 1 hour 10 left.
- Our AF2 record in a single run are 26 pieces in Dynamis-Bastok (40min left/full clear) (Mon, Dec. 4th 2006).
- 23 pieces in Sandoria.
- 21 pieces in Jeuno.
- 19 pieces in Windurst.
- 13 pieces in Beaucedine.
- 9 pieces in Xarcabard. (11 post-patch)
- Most city pieces of a single job were 7 Melee gaiters in Dynamis-Bastok.
- Most BCD pieces of a single job were 4 Sorcerer's coat and 4 Melee cyclas and 4 Summoner's doublet and 4 Mirage Jubbah.
- Most XAR pieces of a single job were 4 Assassin's armlets.
- Every piece of AF2 dropped at least once. (old 15 sets)
- Most full sets are WAR, 24 sets.
- Shujin has 7 (WAR SAM NIN RNG SMN PLD BLM) full AF2 sets, and over 50 pieces total, before he Server Jumped because it was not enough.
- Ancalamire has 5 (MNK BST WAR DRK SAM) full AF2 sets.
- Escaflowne has 2/2 Shadow items + 5/5 PLD AF2 + Valor Cape.
- Dynamis Lord has been killed 17 times.
- We have 5 Shadow Rings and 7 Shadow Mantles.
- The goal of one hundred full AF2 sets has been achieved on March 12th 2007.
- The goal of clearing all 4 Cities completely has been achieved on April 16th 2007.
- We have cleared all Attestation Hydra NM in one run.
- Final GTC Bastok run: Monday, September 1st, 2008
- Final GTC San-d'Oria run: Monday, September 15th, 2008
- Final GTC Windurst run: Friday, September 19th, 2008
- Final GTC Jeuno run: Friday, September 26th, 2008
- Final GTC BCD run: Monday, September 22nd, 2008
- Final GTC XAR run: Friday, October 3rd, 2008 (DL Kill, Shadow Ring Jinhi)
- The final goal of 200 sets has been reached on Friday, September 12th 2008. Dminicanknight SAM, in XAR (204 total).
Back to top Go down
Vitani

PostSubject: Re: Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread!   Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread! EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 7:45 am

During my time with GTC i had alot of fun and it's a kinda weird feeling something you did for such a long time is over now. I was there when we still wiped in Windy, when we killed DL for the first time until we killed him for the last time and i'm glad for being a member of such a great LS all the time.
First of all i wanna thank Fira for being a great leader and for all the work and time he put into this shell and for making it to what it became - an absolutely great LS. Thanks also to all the ppl who helped by being a puller, tank, sleeper, by writing down attendance and comments or collecting currency and to aaalll the other ppl who were a part of the LS and put their effort in. Thank you for all the funny and stupid stuff you were talking about which made me laugh so many times and also helped me stay awake til 6 AM. Oh, and thank you to the BLM girls (you rock!)and the few guys who did their work.
Even though it was in the middle of the night I had alot of fun during these years and always liked doing Dynamis. I was proud when i put on this red LS and I'm a bit sad that i wont do this no more.

Goodbye to everyone i wont see no more (most of the ppl who are not in Heroes) Goodbye to everyone who will quit and Good Luck to everyone who was a part of the shell.
Back to top Go down
Aryanna

Aryanna

PostSubject: Re: Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread!   Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread! EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 9:33 pm

Thanks for the fun guys. I know I haven't been there as long as many of you, but this was my first dynamis shell. Was quite a trip, despite being late or missing because of my work schedule. I just wish I had a better job at the time to go. I know you all love brd, but in dynamis brd equals zzzzzzzzz lol. I'll make sure Aru adds you Fira for msn and/or ps3 lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aryanna4327
Neorei
Admin
Neorei

PostSubject: Re: Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread!   Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread! EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 7:25 am

first dynamis lord wipe ever!!!

2nd dynamis bastok
Back to top Go down
https://hocd.rpg-board.net
Neorei
Admin
Neorei

PostSubject: Re: Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread!   Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread! EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 7:26 am

first dynamis lord win
Back to top Go down
Neorei
Admin
Neorei

PostSubject: Re: Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread!   Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread! EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 9:53 am

some very very old gtc pics

Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread! B7480227

Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread! B6907275

Dynamis Jeuno....

Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread! Z5323173

windy

Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread! Pol%202005-03-11%2019-35-25-17

here is the one where we finally win

Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread! B5398491

sandy

Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread! Pol%202005-02-25%2021-03-06-64

and the very first dynamis gathering

Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread! Pol%202005-01-29%2020-20-59-80
Back to top Go down
Chaithai (R.I.P)
Leader
Leader

PostSubject: Re: Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread!   Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread! EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 10:26 am

Hello GTC,

I want to thank Fira for spending countless nights/mornings doing dynamis with us. His dedication/loyalty is what made GTC so great. Through all the drama and all the BS we went through. You still stuck around to help us out and i thank you for that. It's too early in the morning for me to type this so i'll thank you personally later.
Back to top Go down
Vitani

PostSubject: Re: Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread!   Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread! EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 2:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread!   Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread! Empty

Back to top Go down

Official GrandTheftChoco Good bye Thread!
Page 1 of 1